Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update #2

First email
________________________________________________________________________

Hey
I am here in Nairobi .We awoke at 3 am their time so that was funny Slept under a mosquito net
Chuck and I took different roles and he got up and I stayed in bed and dosed .It is now 10 am and he can not think. We are heading out to buy medications for the area we will visit .Tried to call the Carrs but only got voice mail .We met a lady,on the plane , who knew Julie and Micheal Vrmeer from Lexington.We also see a van from World harvest ,Bundibugio ,Uganda but no people . It has been a good trip and I see many faces(in my mind) of those who gave encouragement in different ways -and good thoughts and advice . Last night we got in at the airport and we got on the road afterward.I thought of making a T shirt that read "I survived riding through Nairobi " OH MY. It is beautiful here in this compound in the midst a full city that has a lot of exhaust and the smell of someone burning their trash .
thanks for the prayers and love ,shelly

No comments: